



Hey Kids
The above pictures are ones I did a while back. The top picture I entitled 'unemployed in tbay'. It is a picture I drew back in 2003/2004. The other pictures are fishes, full rainbow of lines and windows of stuff.
I recently entered 'unemployed in tbay' into the Bon Soo Juried Art Exhibition. They had an artist professor from the university come and jury the exhibit. So I went there a few times this week to see my artwork hanging in an actual museum. I was quite proud...
Anyway, I was also curious about the whole juried art exhibit and what that meant exactly. (Aside from the ideas I had in my head of accepting my award for greatest picture ever) Since there was no indication of art winners, I nonchalantly asked a lady who worked at the art gallery how exactly the juried exhibit worked. She informed me that they went through the art that was submitted and decided which ones were acceptable and which ones weren't. She told me that they accepted about a third of the works submitted. So I was satisfied with that response and took it as a win. My art is 'good enough' to be in an exhibit at a gallery. So I thought I would display my award winning juried art for the masses.
One thing though, they miss read what I wrote down for the title and instead labeled it 'unemployment in tbay'. I was slightly disappointed for I think unemployment seems kind of bleak. Alas, I guess if it represents unemployment it seems like it could be a good time... This is in contrast to the fact that I was unemployed and created it in tbay but whatever.
Yee Haw eh.
So I'm still here in the Sault. Not much is new. I am working occasionally which is good. It snows here ever day and we've received a metre of snow since last Monday. It's been quite crazy, I was at a school this week and the first floor windows were entirely obscured by snowdrifts!
Aside from this, I've posted some lists of books, music, movies etc. If anyone wants to comment on any books, movies, or music or whatever, please feel free. And if you feel I should or anyone should check something great that would be cool. Perhaps a discussion would ensue...
Anyway, I hope everyone is peachy. I am looking forward to visiting people in southern Ontario for the march break. (pending finances, weather and any other unforeseeable road blocks that may hamper a visit) It should be a blast. And I'll keep you... posted... ahhh ha ha ha. I will hang my head in shame.
Hope everyone is doing well. I will try to post periodically and keep this updated.
Cheers, Love Jen
2 comments:
Wow! A juried artist! And to think, I have one of your pieces hanging on my wall. I better get that sucker insured. Who knows what it'll be worth some day.
PS Love the pix and the muzak!
Hi Jen. I really like your artworks. They are so colourful and busy- kind of like a circus. I am also lucky to have one of your works on my wall, even though I had to print it off your site. I am really enjoying looking at your site. Keep up the good work. Sincerely,
Michael Thomas
Post a Comment